How can I use CrayPAT with UM vn8.6 on XCM
|Reported by:||markr||Owned by:||ros|
|Keywords:||craypat, perftools, pat_build||Cc:|
I would like to use craypat to analyse the performance of the UM.
I have activated OpenMP within the UKCA component and would like a clearer report on where workload is.
Do you have any recommendation on what I can do within the UMUI to achieve that?
I will need to do a process similar to this:
(1) activate the perftools module during build and run stages
(2) export some environment variables also during build and run
(3) post build I will have to process the executable with the pat_build command and some options to create an instrumented exec with different name
(4) run the different exec and save the resulting *.xf *.apa files
(5) re-process the exec with pat_build and create a different one with name+apa
(6) submit a run for the new exec for tracing experiment.
Some questions include: is the exec built next to the objects as pat_build and pat_report need to see those?
As for drhook I believe the expt files (*.xf) will appear in the run directory.
Change History (6)
comment:3 Changed 12 months ago by markr
- Resolution answered deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:4 Changed 12 months ago by ros
- Owner changed from um_support to ros
- Status changed from reopened to accepted