Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

#175 closed help (fixed)

Sea ice periodicity problem

Reported by: rjel@… Owned by: jeff
Component: UM Model Keywords:
Cc: Platform:
UM Version:

Description

Dear UM support,
I have been trying to set up an experiment on HECToR with prescribed SSTs. I have now got the model to accept the sst ancil I made but I am having issues with the sea ice.

The error message I get is

REPLANCA: UPDATE REQUIRED FOR FIELD 27

UP_ANCIL : Error in REPLANCA.


UM ERROR (Model aborting) :
Routine generating error: UP_ANCIL
Error code: 627
Error message:
REPLANCA: Non-standard period for periodic data
*

My question is how do I set the period to be a standard period?

My ancils are in
/work/n02/n02/richie
n96_sst_1870_1900
n96_ice_1870_1900
They were made with xancil from the corresponding cdf files. I have linked the output file from the same directory.
Thank you in advance for your help,
Richard

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by umdoc

I am not sure if my email was put on here.

rjel@…

Cheers,

Richard

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by jeff

  • Owner changed from um_support to jeff
  • Reporter changed from umdoc to rjel@…
  • Status changed from new to assigned

Hi Richard

I don't have permission to access directory /work/n02/n02/richie, so I can't look at your files.

What is the period of your data and did you want to make it a time series or a climatology?

In xancil there is an option in the Sea Ice panel "Is Sea-Ice ancillary data periodic in time?", this should be set to no if you have time series data. You need the same setting for sea-ice and sst.

If this doesn't answer your question then change the file permissions and I will look at your files.

Jeff.

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by umdoc

Dear Jeff,

I think I unticked the periodic box for both sst and sea ice but I shall
remake them and make sure. The data is a monthly time series covering 30 years.
As soon as /work is fixed I shall get at it.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly,
Richard

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by umdoc

Hi Jeff,
I have been trying a few combinations within xancil and produced an number of errors which all revolve around header files not matching. I have chmoded my work directory and put some example output files in it.
The 2 xancil jobs in work are for cdf file defined dates for the ancil and xancil defined dates for the ancil file.
The ancil file with a _hdr suffix has dates defined by xancil and the n96_sst_1870_1900 file has dates defined by the cdf file.
I am sure there is something very simple I am missing but once again I would be grateful for some guidance, if you get a spare moment.
If I manage to solve the problem in the meantime I shall update this thread.
Thanks for you time,
Rich.


comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by umdoc

Hi Jeff,
I think we can close this thread now. I found a date in the umui job that clashed with the ancil file dates.
Sorry to be a bother.
Rich

comment:6 Changed 12 years ago by jeff

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.