Opened 2 years ago

Closed 2 years ago

#2235 closed help (fixed)

incorrect suite passphrase

Reported by: amenon Owned by: um_support
Component: UM Model Keywords: passphrase, Nesting Suite
Cc: Platform: ARCHER
UM Version: 10.4

Description

When I try to open my suite (u-ai540) GUI with rose sgc, I am getting an error saying incorrect suite passphrase (please find attached the screenshot). I tried reloading the suite, but the error still appears. Could you please help? Many thanks.

Attachments (1)

suite_issue.png (232.2 KB) - added by amenon 2 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (6)

Changed 2 years ago by amenon

comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by willie

Hi Arathy,

Is the suite still running (try cylc scan)? If it isn't you can still see the output via rose bush.

Regards
Willie

comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by amenon

Hi Willie,

Thanks and sorry for a delayed response. I tried cylc scan. The suite is not running at the moment. Generally, the suite tries to submit some jobs earlier than it is supposed to be submitted. So I need to regularly open rose sgc and trigger the submit-failed jobs at the right time. But I am not able to do this now and am stuck.

Cheers,
Arathy

comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by willie

Hi Arathy,

If you do ps -fu amenon, then you'll see that you still have some old processes relating to u-ai540. Perhaps killing these will resolve the situation. It does sound like the suite needs to be modified by adding dependencies for the tasks that are jumping the gun.

Regards
Willie

comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by willie

  • Keywords passphrase, Nesting Suite added; passphrase removed

comment:5 Changed 2 years ago by ros

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

Conversation continued offline.

Summary:
Arathy located processes for this suite with ps -flu amenon | grep u-ai540. Killed the python processes and then restarted the suite. A couple of the tasks failed to update in the cylc GUI and polling also failed to update them. We checked the statuses of the "stuck" tasks by looking at the relevant job.status files on ARCHER which indicated they had finished successfully. Then changed the status of the tasks in the cylc GUI to "succeeded". The next set of tasks were then submitted ok.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.