#2607 closed help (fixed)

Extract failed when running on ARCHER

Reported by: pringle Owned by: ros
Component: UM Model Keywords: Extract failed
Cc: Platform: ARCHER
UM Version: 8.4

Description

Hi,

Could you help me with an error I have been getting, I think I have missed something simple, but I can't work out what.

I want to submit from puma to ARCHER but get the following error:

alling MAIN_SCR - local…
(This may take several minutes.)

MAIN_SCR: Calling Extract …
Extracting UMATMOS base repository…
UMATMOS base repository extract failed
See extract output file /home/pringle/um/um_extracts/xocjd/baserepos/UMATMOS/ext.out
MAIN_SCR: Extract failed
MAIN_SCR stopped with return code 25

umui_runs/xocjd-260155751/SUBMIT[16]: .[370]: .: line 72: PROMPT_COMMAND: is read only

Your job directory on host login.archer.ac.uk is: /home/n02/n02/pringle/umui_runs/xocjd-260155751

umui_runs/xocjd-260155751/SUBMIT[29]: .[1]: .[384]: .[370]: .: line 72: PROMPT_COMMAND: is read only
umui_runs/xocjd-260155751/SUBMIT[29]: .[2]: .[370]: .: line 72: PROMPT_COMMAND: is read only
Total PEs requested: 144
NOTE: The following has been selected for running on the CRAY XC30

144 MPI task(s)
12 node(s)
12 MPI task(s) per node
2 OpenMP thread(s) per task

I've checked my ssh-keys and disc space, which are both fine.

This job is adapted from one that uses manual compilation (rather than through the umui) so I wonder if I have missed something in the setup regards the compilation but I can't see what.

Please could you let me know if you have any ideas,

Thanks,
Kirsty

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 15 months ago by ros

  • Owner changed from um_support to ros
  • Status changed from new to accepted

Hi Kirsty,

The extract output file (/home/pringle/um/um_extracts/xocjd/baserepos/UMATMOS/ext.out) is saying it could not log you into ARCHER.

Please check that you can ssh from PUMA to ARCHER without any prompt for password or passphrase.

You can also try running the command which failed on the PUMA commmand line:

ssh -n -oBatchMode=yes login.archer.ac.uk mkdir -p /home/n02/n02/pringle/um/xocjd/baserepos/UMATMOS/cfg

Regards,
Ros.

comment:2 Changed 15 months ago by pringle

Hi Ros,

Many thanks for your reply.

I can ssh from puma to ARCHER using:

ssh pringle@…

And it doesn't ask for a password.

And if I do:

ssh -n -oBatchMode=yes login.archer.ac.uk mkdir -p /home/n02/n02/pringle/um/xocjd/baserepos/UMATMOS/cfg

it makes the cfg directory. So that all seems fine?

I just tried re-processing and submitting and I get a new (earlier) error, this time with JULES:

Calling MAIN_SCR - local...
(This may take several minutes.)

MAIN_SCR: Calling Extract ...
Extracting UMATMOS base repository...
UMATMOS base repository extract is OK
Extracting JULES base repository...
JULES base repository extract failed
See extract output file /home/pringle/um/um_extracts/xocjd/baserepos/JULES/ext.out
MAIN_SCR: Extract failed
MAIN_SCR stopped with return code 1


umui_runs/xocjd-267090932/SUBMIT[16]: .[370]: .: line 72: PROMPT_COMMAND: is read only

Your job directory on host login.archer.ac.uk is: /home/n02/n02/pringle/umui_runs/xocjd-267090932

umui_runs/xocjd-267090932/SUBMIT[29]: .[1]: .[384]: .[370]: .: line 72: PROMPT_COMMAND: is read only
umui_runs/xocjd-267090932/SUBMIT[29]: .[2]: .[370]: .: line 72: PROMPT_COMMAND: is read only
Total PEs requested: 144

I haven't run or made any changes since I looked at this last week, so I am confused as to why the error is different.

The new error I get is:

→Setup destination: 0 second
→Extract: start
[FAIL] https://puma.nerc.ac.uk/svn/JULES_svn/JULES/trunk@um8.4: revision keyword not defined

Which seems like not a permission / access issue?

Thanks for your help,
Kirsty

Last edited 15 months ago by ros (previous) (diff)

comment:3 Changed 15 months ago by ros

Hi Kirsty,

This is a later error message as the UMATMOS extract has now succeeded.

Please follow the advice in #2586 and run fcm ls fcm:jules-tr on PUMA and accept the certificate.

Regards,
Ros.

comment:4 Changed 15 months ago by pringle

That works, thanks. Sorry, I assumed the second error was mixed in with the first, so I didn't think others had had it too.

I am not sure why the permission issues resolved themselves, but they seem to have done!

Thanks for your help,
Kirsty

comment:5 Changed 14 months ago by willie

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from accepted to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.