#2681 closed help (fixed)

Wrong no of atmos prognostic fields

Reported by: marcus Owned by: um_support
Component: UM Model Keywords: initdump, prognostic fields, UKCA
Cc: Platform: NEXCS
UM Version: 10.6

Description

Hi, my suite u-bc276 crashed and after restarting I got an error in INITIAL_4A with the message: INITDUMP: Wrong no of atmos prognostic fields.

I thought that this might be caused by a corrupted file, such as the restart dump, and therefore I attempted to set off the run from the earlier dump of the previous December of this experiment which was stored on MASS.

I therefore downloaded the dump of 19971201 from this same experiment (dated one year prior to the date of the crash) and resubmitted the suite with the changes to Basis date, astart file, run length and build_um=false, and without the —restart option.

The problem however persists. The error Wrong no of prognostic fields still occurs — how can this be?

Many thanks,
Marcus

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 13 months ago by luke

Hi Marcus,

The metadata of the suite is pointing to

/home/d00/hadlk/src/vn10.6.1_ACSIS/rose-meta/um-atmos/HEAD/

could you point it to

/home/d00/hadlk/legacy/vn10.6.1_ACSIS/rose-meta/um-atmos/HEAD/

instead and try again please.

Thanks,
Luke

Last edited 13 months ago by luke (previous) (diff)

comment:2 Changed 13 months ago by marcus

Hi Luke,

Thanks for suggesting this but it didn't solve the problem I'm afraid. The error still persists after applying this change.

Many thanks,
Marcus

comment:3 Changed 13 months ago by grenville

Marcus

Sounds like you may have inadvertently changed the suite - what does fcm diff tell you?

Grenville

comment:4 Changed 13 months ago by marcus

Hi Grenville, I had already committed my earlier changes to the repository. I hadn't noticed any differences there, fcm diff showed nothing unusual.

Not sure what you mean, Grenville, how could I have changed the suite?

This suite had run for a few days without me monitoring its progress and as I logged on today it had crashed. Not sure what had happened.

Many thanks,
Marcus

comment:5 Changed 13 months ago by luke

The change to the metadata location will certainly be required as you are running at revision 51455. Did you do a

rose suite-run --reload

or

rose suite-run --restart

?

Thanks,
Luke

comment:6 Changed 13 months ago by luke

Additionally, you need to fix the STASHmaster revision number in your rose-suite.conf file. Currently this is

source=fcm:um.xm_br/pkg/lukeabraham/vn10.6.1_ACSIS/rose-meta/um-atmos/HEAD/etc/stash/STASHmaster@HEAD

and should be changed to match the revision, i.e.

source=fcm:um.xm_br/pkg/lukeabraham/vn10.6.1_ACSIS/rose-meta/um-atmos/HEAD/etc/stash/STASHmaster@51455

Please try a --restart or --reload and see if this fixes it.

Thanks,
Luke

Last edited 13 months ago by luke (previous) (diff)

comment:7 Changed 13 months ago by marcus

Hi Luke, yes this seems to have done the trick. Many thanks, Marcus

comment:8 Changed 13 months ago by willie

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.