Opened 2 years ago

Closed 2 years ago

#2895 closed help (answered)

Issue removing array elements in rose 2019.01.0

Reported by: c.c.symonds Owned by: ros
Component: Rose/Cylc Keywords: rose, pumatest
Cc: Platform: Other
UM Version: 11.1


I have noticed that an error occurs within rose when an array element is deleted from the GUI. This seems to be the case in multiple suites where expandable arrays exist (for example the sources array in the fcm_make_um task). This behaviour does not occur on puma running rose 2016.11.1, but I am seeing it on pumatest running rose 2019.01.1. Error message is as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/fcm/rose-2019.01.0/lib/python/rose/config_editor/valuewidget/array/", line 164, in <lambda>
    lambda b, e: self.remove_entry())
  File "/home/fcm/rose-2019.01.0/lib/python/rose/config_editor/valuewidget/array/", line 346, in remove_entry
    entry = self.entries.pop(self.last_selected_src)
TypeError: an integer is required

I'm using suite u-bi318 (a modified version of the AMIP suite u-be303), however I have observed this also in the base AMIP suite, a UKESM release job and a UKCA release job so i do not believe it is a suite-specific problem, hence there is a possibility it is an issue with the newer version of Rose

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by ros

  • Owner changed from um_support to ros
  • Status changed from new to accepted

Hi Chris,

Hmmm….that's odd as it works ok for me on all the suites I've just tried, including u-be303 and u-bi318. Just to check i'm doing the same thing as you… In "fcm_make_um → Sources" I'm just clicking on the "-" sign for um_sources to delete a branch.

Could you try doing the same thing with the suites on Monsoon? The same versions of Rose/Cylc are used there.


comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by ros

Hi Chris,

Ok managed to recreate problem - only "crashes" when you've clicked on an element and try to remove it. I was just removing the default final element. The same happens on Monsoon. Looking on GitHub it looks like this issue has already been identified and fixed:


Last edited 2 years ago by ros (previous) (diff)

comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by c.c.symonds

Hi Ros

Thanks for looking into this. I should probably have checked the metomi github first.


comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by ros

  • Resolution set to answered
  • Status changed from accepted to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.