Opened 6 days ago

Last modified 6 days ago

#3135 new project-task

GL7 suite

Reported by: pmcguire Owned by: pmcguire
Component: JULES Keywords: GL7 suite, GL6R suite, Rose/Cylc, JULES, configuration, WFDEI, CRU/NCEP, N96
Cc: rfu, ovmuller, mtodt, p.l.vidale@…, L.Mercado@… Platform: JASMIN
UM Version:


Hi Patrick
Can you point me to the GL7 WFDEI Rose-Cylc suite? I would like to upgrade from GL6R.

Change History (1)

comment:1 Changed 6 days ago by pmcguire

  • Keywords suite, GL6R suite, Rose/Cylc, JULES, configuration, WFDEI, CRU/NCEP, N96 added; suite removed

Hi Becky
The suite for the Global Land 7 (GL7) configuration for JULES with WFDEI driving data and 0.5 degree ancillaries is u-bk784. The GL6R suite (the 'R' stands for 'Reading', and it is an informal, unofficial name) that may be similar to the one you have been using is u-as052.

In the u-bk784 suite, I added the WFDEI and the WFDEI ancillaries that we used in GL6R to the original u-bb316 GL7 suite which uses CRU-NCEP driving data and N96 ancillaries (originally from Carolina Duran Rojas and Andy Wiltshire). I had also turned off the time-varying CO2 when going from u-bb316u-bk784, in order to be consistent with u-as052. Perhaps the time-varying CO2 can be enabled again.

Maybe Omar Müller can provide you with his report looking at the differences in the namelists between the GL6R & GL7 WFDEI suites. I can also point you to an ILAMB comparison of the output of these suites, if you'd like.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.