- When a user submits a request to the UM Helpdesk it is initially owned by the um_support user. This is linked to a mailing list that emails all members of the core CMS support team.
- The email that is sent contains a link to the ticket on the Helpdesk.
- To respond to a query you will need to login to the UM Helpdesk with your Trac username/password.
- You can view all open tickets by going to "view tickets", selecting the required report which will list the active tickets and clicking on the ticket summary.
[Hint: To sort the list of tickets click on a column heading. You can also set up custom queries and views.]
- It is imperative that the "Reported By" field has been filled in with the reporter's puma username otherwise they will not be informed of any progress.
- Responses are made, by adding comments to the ticket. In the Add/Change section enter your response in the "comment" field. WikiFormatting should be used here.
- Before submitting your response in the Action block of radio buttons click "Accept Ticket" if you are the primary person working on this ticket. If your response fixes the query, then click "Resolve" and select the appropriate reason from the dropdown box (fixed, invalid, wontfix, dupliate, worksforme etc).
- Check that the metadata (component, platform, version and keywords) have been filled in correctly. This will help other users when searching for tickets.
- Hit the "Preview" button to view your edits.
- Once happy click "Submit changes" and the ticket will be emailed to the reporter as well as to the assigned owner and all those listed in the cc: field.
- Once a query has been resolved please remember to close the ticket by selecting "Resolve" in the Action list at the bottom of a ticket.
- If the ticket needs to be assigned to another member of the team. You can reassign it by viewing the ticket and checking the "Reassign" radio button and entering the name of the new owner.
Download in other formats: